Public Measure C is a local, Iowa City-only item on the Nov 8, 2016 general election ballot (see a sample ballot).
Vote Early Sep 29–Nov 7
Anybody who is eligible to vote may vote early, and you can register to vote when you vote. There are three ways to vote early:
- In person at the Auditor's Office, Monday through Friday, 7:45 AM–5:30 PM.
- In person at any of the satellite early voting locations around Johnson County.
- By mail, by sending a signed Absentee Ballot Request to the Auditor's Office. If you're not yet registered to vote in Johnson County, you can send in your voter registration application at the same time, or register online.
Vote on Election Day Nov 8
Polls are open from 7 AM–9 PM. You can register to vote when you vote, but you'd need to bring your ID and proof of address (see below). Note that many polling places have changed since the 2012 presidential election. You can find your polling place here.
When voting in person ten days or less before the election (Oct 28–Nov 8), you will need to provide a photo ID and a proof of address if:
- You are not registered to vote in Johnson County, or
- You registered by mail and you did not include your Iowa driver's license number, Iowa non-operator's ID card number, or the last 4 digits of your Social Security number on your registration form.
A valid Iowa driver’s license with your current address is the easiest way to provide both. Other acceptable forms of ID are listed here.
Questions? Call the Auditor's Office at 319-356-6004.